Saturday, November 14, 2015

AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT: Rebecca Monhollon

Rebecca Monhollon is the author of Mischief on the Mountain

Interview Conducted by:
Angel

1. What was the inspiration for this book?

The inspiration actually came from my grandmother who is Lucy in the book. She came to live with us when she became older and she started remembering her childhood and telling us stories about her cousin Macy. I then combined her stories with adventures I had as a child growing up in the mountains of eastern Kentucky and started writing.

2. What was the hardest part of writing this book?

The hardest part was the periods and commas :) I usually put them in the wrong place and my editor fussed at me constantly about that.

3. Was this based on a true story?

 The stories are part my imagination and part true. Every story has something in it that happened to me or someone in my family.

4. Have you ever "skinned a cat"? HAHAHA

Yes I have "skinned a cat"! and I did it the correct way! It's actually great fun. Come visit me in the mountains and I will show you how. :)

5. Have you written any other books?

I have several books that I have written but this is the first one published. I am currently working on the sequel to Mischief on the Mountain. It will be titled Mischief Returns to the Mountain.

6. What is your favorite outdoor activity?

My favorite outdoor activity is riding horses and swimming. I also love to walk in the woods.

7. Who or what inspired you to write for a living or writing at all?

I didn't even know I had the talent to write until I started this book. I wrote the first story in 2002 and put it down until about a year ago. It took 6 months to write Mischief on the Mountain and another six to edit. My husband and I had a water testing laboratory for 27 years but we are retiring from that and I am going to write full time now.

8. What do you think about our blog?

 I really enjoy your blog and have been keeping up with it ever since I sent you the copy of my book. You guys are doing a great job!

9. What is your favorite hobby?

My favorite hobby is horses. We raise Rocky Mountain Horses. It is a unique breed of horse that is native to Kentucky. They come in all colors but the desired color that everyone breeds for is chocolate colored with a white main and tail. We show them and have had many world and international grand champions. We had one horse on the cover of Horse Illustrated. You can visit our facebook page Silver Creek Mountain Horses to see pictures of them. Our stallion Ace of Spades was shown for 2 years and won everything there is to win in our show circuit so we retired him to breeding.

10. Do you have any interesting facts/info about yourself that you would like to share?

Interesting facts. I am a Christian, I am from Harlan, Kentucky. I love animals of any kind except snakes. I am terrified of snakes. I love flavored coffee, and pumpkin pie! I love to decorate for Christmas, I have decorations in every room of my house. I love to watch basketball and football but I don't like baseball.

Thank you Ms. Monhollon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment