Wednesday, November 25, 2015

AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT: Susan Srikant


Susan Srikant is the author of The Remedy and several other books that can be found on her website


Interview Conducted by:
Arianna

1. What was your inspiration for this book?

I like the idea of having magical medicine.  I think there are a lot of plants out there that are good for us in ways that we don't know about yet.

2. Who is your favorite character?

I like Domino's sense of humor and Miss Gizelle's "uniqueness". 

3. What is your favorite part?

My favorite part is when Domino gets bitten on the nose by a fluffy little creature.

4. How long have you been writing?

When my kids were little, I started making up stories for them.  As time passed, I wrote them down.

5. What is your favorite book? Favorite author?

I don't really have one favorite book.   I like the works of Cornelia Funke, Joan Lowery Nixon, and Eva Ibbotson.  I recently read A Monster Calls and that was really good.

6. Any advice for young writers?

Write a little bit every day.  Practice describing things and people.  When you see someone you don't know, imagine what they are like and make up a life for them.

Thank you for all of your support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment