Sunday, November 29, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: Gamer Girl by Mari Mancusi


BLURB:

Maddy's life couldn't get much worse. Her parents split and now she's stuck in a small town and at a new school. Most of the time, she retreats into her manga art, but when she gets into the Fields of Fantasy online computer game, she knows she's found the one place she can be herself. In the game world, Maddy can be the beautiful and magical Allora and have a virtually perfect life. And she even finds a little romance. But can Maddy escape her real-life problems altogether, or will she have to find a way to make her real world just as amazing as her virtual one?

REVIEW BY: Angel, age 13 years

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

This book was a truly relatable read with a twisty fantasy end. Mari Mancusi took this novel to an unexpected ending that I enjoyed! 

This book was just as great as her other books, so I don't want to spoil it for you. 

My favorite character is Maddy because I can relate to her in many ways. My favorite part is when Chad and Maddy are at the contest. 

I recommend this book to girls that seem to hide who they really are. Just a word of advice, you don't need to hide your true self! You are special in every way, just remember that!

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars and recommend it for ages 12 and up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment