Saturday, March 19, 2016

BOOK REVIEW: Tempest Blood (Tempest Four Book 1) by Summer Hall


BLURB:

A boy wakes surrounded by the ruins of a war at sea. He has no memory of how he came to be there, he has no memory of his past whatsoever. Caught and taken to Ms Hoodwink’s Institution for Pipsqueaks and Scallywags, the boy is given the name Bray. With his new friend Gunner, he joins a Bladesmith’s dozen. They learn how to duel with swords, play Trovhol, navigate the seas, and eventually forge iron blades. But Bray’s past catches up with him, bringing with it the footsteps of Death. 

REVIEW BY: Arianna, age 13 years, 3 months

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

I really enjoyed this book! The start is a bit slow, but the ending was great. 

I felt that the author really exceeded in portraying this book as heartfelt as possible. 

I love Ms. Hoodwink's Institute because it is a comical, but dangerous setting in the book that had me enthralled. 

I like how the author incorporates swords, being young and having magic in a different way than most. 

My favorite character is Bray because he is courageous on the inside, but at first, to me, he comes across as a pipsqueak. He goes on a dangerous journey with death, but is brave and adventurous. 

I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys stories of friendship, adventure, and a strong boy who makes the most of what he has. 

I give this book 4 out of 5 stars and recommend it for ages 12 and up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment