Thursday, March 24, 2016

BOOK REVIEW: The Mardi Gras Chase (True Girls Book 1) by Maggie M. Larche


BLURB:


Mystery, friendship, and a grand adventure. 

Twelve-year-old Melanie is bored with her little sister and with yet another Mardi Gras in her hometown. But when she notices a secret code built into the floats of a Mardi Gras parade, she realizes that life might have some surprises left. 

Melanie and her friends set off to break the Mardi Gras code. They chase clues throughout the season's parades, sneak into forbidden float barns, and even join forces with the intriguing boy who lives down the street. 

But when they uncover the final clue, Melanie must decide how much she's willing to risk to learn the secret of the Mardi Gras code. And she may find that the solution to the riddle isn't the biggest reward of the chase... 

The Mardi Gras Chase is the first of the True Girls series from Maggie M. Larche. If you like stories of girls with heart and intelligence - plus a touch of romance - you’ll love The Mardi Gras Chase! Try this fast, fun read today!


REVIEW BY: Michaela, age 11 years, 8 months

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

This book was pretty good. I do recommend this book to younger readers though because to me it was a little boring, but I think my younger sister would LOVE it. 

My favorite character is Kate because she has all brothers, while I have all sisters. I find it interesting that this happens sometimes and it made me giggle out loud when I kept thinking about it! 

My favorite part is when they finish the code and go to the graveyard because it is such a mystery. Plus, I like scary graveyards, just not too scary! 

I recommend this book to younger girls and I think it is a good start to a new series! 

I give this book 3 out of 5 stars and recommend it for ages 8 to 10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment