Saturday, March 5, 2016

BOOK REVIEW: Mars Girl Earth Boy by Marion Hunt and James Ciment


BLURB:

Mars Girl Earth Boy is a celestial coming-of-age adventure story about Marietta, the first human born on Mars. She is an active member of Mars Base I, whose 20-year mission is to settle the planet. One of the challenges is to alter the atmosphere of the Red Planet, making it more conducive to human life. But large-scale success has evaded them due to their inability to find enough water. It’s now the year 2045 and Commander Ernesto Cardenas of the United Nations Aerospace Administration has just arrived with his wife and young son Ernie to audit the Base’s efforts and decide its fate. In a surprising twist, their survival and that of the Mars Base eventually comes down to the success of Marietta and Ernie as they take off on a wild, unauthorized exploration of a mysterious “pyramid” thought to hold the secret to life on Mars.

REVIEW BY: Michaela, age 11 years, 8 months

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

This was a VERY good book! I enjoyed it very much. 

My favorite character is Ernie because he is so adventurous, just like me. He likes to do and try new things, which is exactly what I like to do. We could be good friends in real life. 

My favorite part is when Earth Boy and Mars Girl meet for the first time because I thought it was quite funny with the sign and all. 

This book was really enjoyable because I could tell that the authors put so much work into it to make it educational, but fun as well. 

I recommend this book to anyone who loves a good read. 

I give this book 4 out of 5 stars and recommend it for ages 9 to 12. 

No comments:

Post a Comment