Sunday, March 20, 2016

BOOK REVIEW: Scent of Magic by Lori L. Clark


BLURB:


The Duchesne sisters are known for their magically intoxicating perfumes, but when they open up a shop in a small town in the Bible belt, they aren't exactly welcomed with open arms. As soon as the townsfolk begin sampling the fragrances, and miraculous things start happening, for the first time in their lives, the women believe they've found a place they can call home. 

When youngest sister Starley develops a crush on the pastor's son she decides to work a little "harmless" magic of her own to win the boy's affection, but it backfires when he has an allergic reaction and winds up in the hospital. The pastor is convinced the women are witches and wants them out of his peaceful little town. 

Will magic save them this time or will they have to pull up stakes and move again?


REVIEW BY: Michaela, age 11 years, 8 months

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

I really enjoyed this book and was hooked the more I read. It was full of magic and adventure, which I love to read about. 

My favorite character would probably have to be Rue since she is always there for her friends. She is a great friend! 

My favorite part is when the pastor's wife steps on the expensive hat and then yelled at her husband because it made me laugh hysterically. 

I recommend this book to anyone that needs a good laugh and that likes magic and adventure. 

I give this book 4 out of 5 stars and recommend it for ages 11 to 15. 

No comments:

Post a Comment