Wednesday, March 23, 2016

BOOK REVIEW: Merlin (Shelter Pet Squad #2) by Cynthia Lord and Illustrated by Erin McGuire


BLURB:

In this charming illustrated chapter book series by Newbery Honor author Cynthia Lord, the Shelter Pet Squad kids find the perfect homes for animals in need! 

A pet is missing!

When Suzannah arrives to volunteer at the shelter, one of the animals is missing! It's Merlin, a mischievous ferret who gets into everything, and loves to play hide-and-seek.

Owning a ferret can be really hard work, the Shelter Pet Squad discovers. Whoever takes Merlin home will need to be prepared. That's why Suzannah and the other kids make up a test to give to anyone who wants to adopt him. But the ferret is full of surprises...and even the Shelter Pet Squad has a lot to learn.

Animal lovers will adore this charming series by Newbery Honor author Cynthia Lord.

REVIEW BY: Michaela, age 11 years, 8 months

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

This was an amazing book! I do recommend these books for younger readers though since they are shorter books. 

Merlin is a funny little ferret and he makes me laugh. My favorite animal is Merlin because he likes to cuddle and play. He kind of reminds me of my dog, Rodgers. My favorite part is when Merlin gets adopted because it is so cute and I feel so happy for him that he will have his forever home. 

I recommend this book to those that love animals and love to read about animal rescue stories. 

I give this book 4 out of 5 stars and recommend it for ages 7 to 10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment