Sunday, February 14, 2016

BOOK REVIEW: Faceless by Alyssa Sheinmel



BLURB:

This emotionally gripping novel about a girl who gets a face transplant is Wonder for a YA audience. 

When Maisie gets into a terrible accident, her face is partially destroyed. She's lucky enough to get a face transplant--but how do you live your life when you can't even recognize yourself anymore?

She was a runner, a girlfriend, a good student...a normal girl. Now all that has changed. As Maisie discovers how much her looks did--and didn't--shape her relationship to the world, she has to redefine her own identity, and figure out what "lucky" really means.

From Alyssa Sheinmel, the acclaimed author of Second Star, this is a lyrical and gripping novel that will challenge readers to think about how we create and define ourselves.

REVIEW BY: Arianna, age 13 years, 2 months

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

This book is all about finding the true you. I was really interested in it the more that I read. 

My favorite character is Adam because he was really nice and he helped Maisie and was there for her. 

My favorite part is when Maisie accepted herself because I got a warm and fuzzy feeling. 

I recommend this book to anyone who likes drama, high school and a journey of exploration. 

I give this book 4 out of 5 stars and recommend it for ages 14 and up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment