Saturday, February 20, 2016

BOOK REVIEW: The Code of Magic by David D. Hammons


BLURB:

There's a monster in Alex's backyard. He doesn't know how it got there, but with his parents refusing to help, Alex must capture it on his own. When he does, a monster hunting Keeper comes to claim it. Alex follows the Keeper to the world of Edin, a preserve for monsters run by magic-wielders. Aboard the Keeper's airship, and with his giant socket wrench-wielding monster companion, Alex must learn the art of magic if he hopes to stay in this wondrous world. But as he trains with the other children in the fortress of Babili, rumors begin that the Heretic Pharaoh has returned, and Alex's new home is in danger." 

REVIEW BY: Michaela, age 11 years, 8 months

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

This book is really amazing and I enjoyed it so much!

The Code of Magic has so much action packed into it. 

My favorite character is Zen because he is an amazing teacher. He reminds me of my 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Smith, because she was so amazing. I'm not an easy student!

My favorite part is when Alex speaks to the dragon because it was really cool. I wish I could speak or even find a real dragon! I think that dragons are so interesting and I liked that Alex was able to communicate with one. I haven't seen that much in other books. 

My favorite monster was Mo because he sounded kind of like the cookie monster, always eating sweets with blue fur! 

I recommend this book to those that like fantasy adventures with plenty of action, dragons and monsters. 

I give this book 4 out of 5 stars and recommend it for ages 11 to 13. 

**This book's release date is February 29, 2016. 

No comments:

Post a Comment