Friday, September 18, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: Scrap City by D.S. Thornton


BLURB:

Would you believe that under the ground, right beneath your city, was another city? Would you believe it was populated with Scrappers, people built of metal and glass and stone? Jerome has no choice but to believe it after he meets Arkie. Arkie is a Scrapper, and he and Jerome quickly become friends—maybe even brothers. So when Arkie's city is in danger, Jerome knows he must help. But helping Arkie means hurting Jerome's dad, the only real family Jerome still has . . .

REVIEW BY: Arianna, age 12 years, 9 months

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

This book was magnificent and always had me on the edge of my seat! I felt like I was dealing with deaths, scrappers, and a modern day villain. I can not even imagine what Jerome is going through after the death of his mother and brother. 

My favorite character is Willy Videlback because he is super funny and reminds me of a grandpa who acts like he is loony, but really just enjoys everyone underestimating him. 

My favorite part is when they make the junkyard come to life and a lawnmower chases the villain's henchman into a pit. I also like when Cici helps the Pinwa's recover their new home by finding the inheritance papers for them. 

I recommend this book to anyone who loves emotional feelings rising up inside of you, silly adventures, and truly wonderful heroes. 

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars and recommend it for ages 10 and up. 

This book's publishing date is October 1, 2015. 

No comments:

Post a Comment