Wednesday, December 23, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: Hootie by Julie Rogers



BLURB:


Inspired by true events, this rite of passage story follows the journeys of an orphaned eight-year-old boy, Mason Classon, a displaced owl named Hootie, and Jim Odom, who alongside each other find the strength and determination to overcome the tragedies that took so much from them.

REVIEW BY: Arianna, age 13 years

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

This book was great and I love that it is a true story! It really touched my heart and is very sweet. 

I don't have a favorite person because it just seems weird to have a favorite person who is or was alive. My favorite scene is the Epilogue because it shows just how much Hootie touched others. 

I recommend this book to anyone who likes an amazingly sweet true story. 

I give this book 4 out of 5 stars and recommend it for ages 10 and up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment