Thursday, December 24, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: Echo and the Magical Whispers by Paul Haston


BLURB:

Echo is a magical elephant. She hears the voices of dead elephants. A great flood will destroy the world and only she can save us.

The book is written from the elephants' point of view and is filled with magical realism. 

REVIEW BY: Michaela, age 11 years, 6 months

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

I think this is a well put together story! It will fill you with sadness and joy through Echo's journey to bury her father's tusk. 

My favorite character is Echo because she loses all of her family, but still stays strong. She is absolutely amazing to me and I think of her more like an equal than an elephant. 

My favorite part is when Echo meets Artemis because when you read the part, you just know in your heart that they should get together and become a family. 

I think anyone that likes a heartwarming animal story should read this book, just be prepared to shed some tears! 

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars and recommend it for ages 11 to 16. 

No comments:

Post a Comment