Wednesday, December 23, 2015

AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT: Irish Beth Maddock

Ms. Maddock is the author of The Great Carp Escape and has generously accepted our invitation for an interview!

Interview Conducted by:
Angelina

What inspired you to write?  

I wrote my Christian book after I felt the Lord wake me up at 2am to recall the childhood memory of the carp in a whole new light.

What age were you when you started writing?  

I began writing in Grade 5.

Are you writing another book?

Yes, it is not a children's book however, but a cat sitting guide.  I run a cat sitting company here in Calgary.  I really like cats. Maybe you noticed the "Easter egg" kitty in each page of "The Great Carp Escape"?  For the record, this cat's name in my book was Pickles.

Do you think your book could be turned into a movie?

Hmmm...I suppose it is possible?

Where do you write (i.e. office, library, park, etc.)?

Mostly, I write in my office.

Do any of your siblings like to write, if you have any?

I do have a brother but I don't know him well.  I suspect he is not a writer though based on what I do know of him.

Did your mom and dad like to write when you were a kid? now?

I did not have a mom growing up.  My dad worked a lot.  He enjoyed many hobbies but writing was not at the top of his list. My dad passed away seven years ago.

Would you read your books over and over again? why or why not?

I actually do have to read my book over and over as I do author visits and readings at bookstores and Christian and Catholic Schools. 

What is your favorite picture in your book?

Definitely, my favorite picture in the book is the cover page, where Pickles the cat is trying to play with the carp.

Any other interesting info/facts about you?

I have a three legged dog named, Bella, a cat named, Dieter and two African Dwarf Frogs named "Elsa and Anna", courtesy of my daughter, Eden who is seven years old.

May the Lord bless you and keep you.  Thank you again for your time and interest in "The Great Carp Escape".

Thank you so much for your time Ms. Maddock! 

No comments:

Post a Comment