Wednesday, March 2, 2016

REVIEWS: Tristan Hunt & the Sea Guardians Series Books #1-3 by Ellen Prager


Superheroes Don’t Always Have Capes.


The Shark Whisperer - Book #1


After his most klutzy move ever, falling into a pool of sharks, things for Tristan Hunt begin to look up. Tristan is invited to an ocean-themed summer camp in the Florida Keys where he discovers that he and the other young teens there have very special and rare talents when it comes to the ocean. After the camp receives a distress call from ocean animals, Tristan and his new friends get pulled into a daring rescue in the Bahamas. With the help of sharks, dolphins, a quick-escape artist octopus, and some seabird bombers, the campers must use their young talents in an attempt to outwit an evil shark-finning, reef-blasting billionaire.

REVIEW BY: Michaela, age 11 years, 8 months

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

Wow! What can I say? 

I know that you will love this book from the moment you read the first sentence. This book got me from the first sentence hook, line and sinker! 

I REALLY love this book! My favorite character is Coach Fred because he is so funny and reminds me of my daddy. My favorite part is when they rescue the older campers. 

I recommend this book to those that love to read about the sea, conservation and that love learning about sea animals. 

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars and recommend it for ages 8 to 13. 


The Shark Rider -  Book #2


After thwarting the dastardly plans of J.P. Rickerton, Tristan Hunt is having trouble keeping his newfound talents a secret. And if undercover spies and a mysterious illness threatening to expose the secrets of camp weren’t enough, reports of dying fish and disappearing sponge in the Caribbean call Tristan and his friends back into action. Will the Sea Guardians discover the source of the problem before time runs out? Can they escape the threat of an oncoming storm? Or will a betrayal from one of their own ensure it’s already too late?

REVIEW BY: Michaela, age 11 years, 8 months

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

This was another great story that I loved! These books hook me from the opening line. I think it is absolutely amazing and unexpected that it happens with these books.

My favorite character in this one is Mary because she is so sweet and does not judge. 

Also, my favorite part is when Marsh's ship sinks because it is funny since he is so evil. 

I recommend this book to shark lovers and conservationists. 

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars and recommend it for ages 8 to 13. 


Stingray City - Book #3


Being a teenager is never easy. Especially when you can talk to sharks! Tristan Hunt has enough to worry about with girl troubles, his parents, and trying to keep his extraordinary abilities a secret. But when Tristan and his friends are called upon to investigate the disappearance of stingrays and other ocean life in the waters off Grand Cayman, the stakes are higher than they’ve ever been before. Can Tristan solve the mystery of the missing stingrays and save them from a horrible fate? Or will he and his friends become the stingray-napper’s next victims?


Join Tristan Hunt and the Sea Guardian on their most dangerous adventure yet.


REVIEW BY: Michaela, age 11 years, 8 months

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

This was another great book to this series. I must say, that this whole series has been absolutely, without a doubt, amazingly awesome! I LOVE IT! It's my new favorite series. 

My favorite character in this book is Sam because she is so upbeat and happy. She makes me smile. My favorite part is when they escape the ship because the escape chute sounds like so much fun and I would love to try it! 

I recommend this book to marine lovers, conservationists and those just needing a superhero in their lives. 

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars and recommend it for ages 8 to 13. 

No comments:

Post a Comment