Sunday, October 4, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: An Evening with Grandpa by Diana Matlin



BLURB:

When little Annie gets sick one night, she has no choice but to stay at home while her family has fun at the theater. It seems that Annie will have to spend a boring evening with Grandpa until he unexpectedly begins to tell her a fairy tale about Pawnie, a young girl who lives in the faraway Chess Kingdom. Does the inexperienced Pawnie have what it takes to succeed in this incredible adventure and make her dream of becoming a princess come true? An award-winning book, "An Evening With Grandpa," will take a young reader on a journey through the fairy tale which will blend the magic of chess with a special night for Annie and her grandfather.

REVIEW BY: Angelina, age 8 years, and 16 days until she turns 9! 

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

I liked this book, it was very good! This book was about how this little girl was sick and her family was going somewhere, but she couldn't go. She spent time with her grandpa and grandpa told her a story about chess. 

I loved that this book was about kings and queens. I really enjoyed those parts. My favorite character was grandpa because he reminded me of my grandpa. 

I give this book 4 out of 5 stars and recommend it for ages 7 to 9. 

BOOK TRAILER:

No comments:

Post a Comment