Tuesday, October 27, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: My Pet Rattlesnake by Joe Hayes and Illustrated by Antonio Castro L.


BLURB:

One day little Joe is out in the desert, walking around, and he sees a rattlesnake in trouble. Joe saves the snake's life! That's when things get weird. The rattler follows Joe home. My gosh! It's only a rattlesnake, nothing new for a desert boy like Joe, so he keeps him for a pet. His dad is annoyed, the neighbors are terrified, but soon the friendly snake slithers his way into their hearts. The snake cuddles at the foot of Joe's bed, plays in the yard, he even scares away a burglar and alarms the police. What a charmer! Is there really such a thing as cold-blooded love?

REVIEW BY: Angelina, age 9 years

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

I like this book. It was really good even though I do not like snakes! It was about a boy and a snake and how they became best friends. 

My favorite part of this book was the story and the amazing pictures. My favorite picture was the one with the robber because it was very colorful and pretty. 

I give this book 3 out of 5 stars and recommend it for ages 5 to 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment