Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Hi! Please read this.

Hi all!

I am new to the book review blogging world, so if you have any hints on how to get started (i.e. arrange my page all pretty like other book review blogs), I would really appreciate it!!!

First off, let me introduce myself, my name is Charity Martinez and I just turned the dirty thirty last week. After turning 30, I realized that I needed to do something with my life besides be a mom, a wife, a college student, and all my other duties. I needed to do something I have always wanted to do and that is to review books! I have always liked to read from the time I was 5 years old. My parents tell me that I had a book in my hand everywhere I went and I read at a very high level. Now that I am a mother, I have tried to instill that in my 4 daughters and, as luck would have it, they all LOVE to read as well. Just like mommy, they always have a book with them :). They want to participate in reviewing books, so I am hoping we get a lot of requests for children's books, middle grade books, and YA.

Now on to the blog, I plan on reviewing anything that is thrown my way, okay well not thrown, but y'all know what I mean! My favorite genres are YA, chick lit, contemporary, and anything else that interests me by the blurb on the back of the book. I am a college student taking 15 credit hours so I ask that authors give me between 4-6 weeks to get the review up. As for the reviews my children will be doing, they can literally finish a 300-400 page book in 2 days so their reviews will be going up much faster!

To request that I (or we) review your books, please email us at 5girlsbookreviews@gmail.com. Please be aware that paperbacks are best for us so that we can have them at all times, but we will review books that are PDF, Kindle version and/or Nook version. I look forward to getting my blog up and running and getting some customers.

Thank you and I hope to hear from many authors soon and start getting some fans on my blog!!

Have a nice evening,

Charity

8 comments:

  1. Author T.L. Davis here. I can identify with you beginning a new endeavor as I have published my first book (although I have been writing all of my life). I would love to be one of your first blog reviews. What is the next step?

    www.tld-author.com
    tldavis2012@netzero.com
    Tweet me @TLDavis2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new blog! I just sent you an email. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new blog. I'm still new at this myself, as a first-time author, but let me say that your blog looks fine to me. Can't wait to start reading all the reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I write for both adults and children and have two MG books coming out this year with picture books scheduled for publication in the following years. I plan on following along. Thanks for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Instilling a love of reading in your girls by reading and reviewing together is a worthy endeavor! Bravo! I've sent you a message via Goodreads about my books. Best wishes! Lisa Ard, www.authorlisaard.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog and writing are great. Welcome to the world of reviews and thank you for entering, and helping authors. I'll send you an e-mail with my book info. Whether you read and review it or not, I wish you fun in reading to your heart's content.
    Paulette Mahurin

    ReplyDelete