Wednesday, October 21, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: Loopiethotamus, The Chihuahua Who Thinks He is a Hippopotamus Book 3: I Am Not Afraid by Ayana Sala Baugh


BLURB:

'I Am Not Afraid,' tells the story of Loopiethotamus' first and second days of school and how he is bullied by Lyle, the lead bully and his side kicks because of his appearance and unusual name. It shows the emotions that bullying can bring and how Loopiethotamus' family instill bravery and confidence in him. In addition, this books speaks of love, forgiveness, acceptance, friendship, and how it truly takes, "the love of a village to end bullying."

REVIEW BY: Angelina, age 9 years

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

I loved this book, it was about a kid who was new at his school and he got bullied by other kids. By the end of the book the kids apologized. 

I liked this book because it was about bullying, which happened to me sometimes at my old "new" school. It helped me to see that it wasn't me, it was them. 

I would love to read the other books about Loopiethotamus. 

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars and recommend it for ages 7 to 9. 

No comments:

Post a Comment