Friday, October 2, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: Charlie’s Birthday Wish by Rene Micka


BLURB:

Witness a bully being banished by his bullying banter.... Charlie's birthday wish is to be forgiven for being cruel to his friends at school. He had to contemplate all the sorrow he has caused. With help from his mother he learned that friendships have to be earned. Charlie told them all that he was wrong and invited them to a party to sing a birthday song. He hopes they can make their memories new. What will be his fate for this very special play date? Will his friends forgive Charlie and come to his party?

REVIEW BY: Angelina, age 8 years, 11 months, 18 days 

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

I loved this book so much and I will be emailing the author because I loved it so much! It is almost my birthday (October 20) and I am so excited because we can celebrate it soon and I just read this book! 

This book is about how Charlie's mom told him that his birthday was just around the corner, but he was not excited. I don't understand how he wasn't excited, doesn't everyone get excited for their birthday? Well, I take that back because my mom doesn't get excited for her birthdays, but that's okay because she is 21 forever (or so she says)! Anyway, back to the book. Charlie is kind of a bully and is mean to everyone. He decides to write to everyone that he was mean to and invited them all to his party. Everyone forgave him and he had a great birthday party! 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHARLIE!

I really enjoyed this book and it helped me learn to be nice to people and forgive others when they do wrong. 

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars and recommend it for ages 5 to 9. 

No comments:

Post a Comment