Tuesday, September 29, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: Out of the Blue A Book of Color Idioms and Silly Pictures by Vanita Oelschlager



BLURB:

Out of the Blue shows children the magic of idioms - words that separately have one meaning, but together take on something entirely different. Children are curious about words, especially phrases that make them laugh ("Tickled Pink"), sound silly ("Shrinking Violet") or trigger images that tickle a child's sense of the absurd ("A Red Letter Day"). Out of the Blue uses outlandish illustrations of what the words describe literally.

REVIEW BY: Angelina, age 8 years, 11 months

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

I liked this book because I love bright, vibrant colors and this book had a lot of color! I learned about color idioms too! 

My favorite picture/color in this book was the pink part because pink is my favorite color! 

I give this book 4 out of 5 stars and recommend it for ages 3 to 6. 

No comments:

Post a Comment