Sunday, September 13, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: Brilliant by by Roddy Doyle


BLURB:

The Black Dog of Depression has descended over the adults of Dublin. Uncles are losing their businesses, dads won't get out of bed, mothers no longer smile at their children. Siblings Raymond and Gloria have had enough and set out one night with one goal in mind: to stop the Black Dog, whatever it takes. In a chase through the streets and parks and beaches of Dublin, the children run after the Black Dog, and soon dozens, then hundreds, then thousands of kids join in their fight. They discover they have one weapon against the Black Dog. The weapon is a word: “brilliant.”

REVIEW BY: Arianna, age 12 years, 9 months

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

This book is brilliant! I recommend it for older readers because it does have a few bad words and is sometimes hard to follow. 

My favorite part is when they talk to the flamingo because it makes me laugh and it sticks in my brain. My favorite characters are the animals because they ALL make me laugh so hard that I cry. I also like Gloria because she is sweet and cares about her uncle. 

I give this book 3 out of 5 stars and recommend it for ages 11 and up. 

This book was published on September 8, 2015. 

No comments:

Post a Comment