Friday, September 18, 2015

AUTHOR INTERVIEW: Jonathan Bernstein



Michaela was given the opportunity to interview author, Jonathan Bernstein. Mr. Bernstein is the author of many books. Michaela did a review on one of his books that can be seen here


His books include: 

INTERVIEW CONDUCTED BY:
Michaela 

1. Is there a second book that you are writing as a sequel to Bridget Wilder? If so, I would love to review it and any other books that you have wrote/written. I love your writing! 

There will be both a second AND a third Bridget Wilder book! Bridget Wilder: Spy To The Rescue comes out next spring and I highly recommend it. More action, new gadgets, plus we get to meet Bridget’s real mother. After that, Bridget Wilder: Live Free, Spy Hard in 2017, in which Bridget goes undercover as the President’s daughter!

A few years ago, I wrote a superhero book called Hottie about a girl who shoots flames from her fingers. That, and it’s sequel Burning Ambition, are both available from Amazon for almost no money. Bridget’s a better read, but those books are fun, in their way.

2. How old were you when you first started writing?

I wrote for a few local music magazines in my home town of Glasgow, Scotland when I was in my late teens.

3. How old were you when your first piece was published?

My actual first book was a spin-off  from a TV show that was popular in the UK at the time. I think I was around 28 when it came out.

4. Who is your favorite author? Favorite book?

Wow. Way too numerous to mention. I love Megan Abbott’s books. I just finished a novel called Kitchens of the Great Midwest by J. Ryan Stradal which i really enjoyed. Currently reading The Rest Of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness. My favorite book of the past few years is Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein. Also really liked We Were Liars by E Lockhart. Oh, and this book This Light Between Oceans by ML Stedman which is a colossal weepie. I’m just scratching the surface. I like a lot of books.

5. What is your favorite movie?

Argh. Again, way too many. Mad Max: Fury Road is the best film I’ve seen this year.   My list of favorites would include The Breakfast Club, The Apartment, Diner, Billy Liar, Evil Dead 2, The Birds, Blade Runner and The Matrix.

6. What is your favorite hobby? 

I’m obviously an avid pop culture consumer. I also listen to a lot of music and podcasts, and I constantly search for new and interesting places to eat.

7. What advice can you provide to young writers? 

Don’t give up halfway through writing something. See it through to the end. It’ll give you a sense of accomplishment that you finished it. Don’t be intimidated by the blank page/screen. Getting started is the hardest part.

8. Any other interesting facts about you.

I wrote a song that was popular in the Philippines many years ago, and this is it:


Also, check out my website: www.jonathanbernsteinwrites.com

Follow me on twitter @jbpeevish and on Instagram at Peevishjb

No comments:

Post a Comment