Tuesday, August 18, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: The Teen Girl's Survival Guide by Lucie Hemmen


BLURB:

If you’re like many teen girls, you may feel intense pressure to fit in and make friends. In this fun and engaging guide, therapist and teen expert Lucie Hemmen offers ten tips to solve one of the biggest worries teen girls struggle with: social success.
As you face new academic and social pressures, you may feel more stressed out than ever before. You want to relate to your peers, but you may not have the skills you need to successfully navigate the social world. Grounded in evidence-based cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), this book will help you develop simple and effective ways to connect with your fellow teens while still remaining uniquely you.
In the book, you’ll discover tips for finding your strengths, identifying negative self-talk, understanding social situations, and making new friends. Most importantly, you’ll discover key strategies for creating a strong sense of self-knowledge and self-appreciation—two key building blocks for succeeding in the social world, and beyond.
If you’re ready to move past all the BFF drama and clique mentality, and start making truly positive connections with others, this book will show you the way.

REVIEW BY: Arianna, age 12 years, 8 months

MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS:

I absolutely loved this book! It gave me great advice that will really help me survive my teenage years and be the best teenager I can be! 

My favorite advice is knowing what "I bring to the party." I feel that too many of my friends are changing themselves to fit in and by knowing what makes me "me", it helps a lot because I realize that I should stay myself and not try so hard to fit in. 

I recommend this book for those teens that need help surviving their life of middle and high school. 

I give this book 4 out of 5 stars and recommend it for ages 11 and older. 

No comments:

Post a Comment